What is the warranty on your hardwood surfaces?
Our hardwood surface (Sway & Alive) comes with a 1-year warranty.
Our tops are made of solid wood and with that come certain irregularities, such as knots. These knots are different from one wood slab to another and this trait is one of many that give solid wood its uniqueness. Therefore, the warranty does not apply to the wood grain but is limited to the defect in material and in workmanship. Material and workmanship defects include cracks on the usable surface that can affect the surface’s integrity and the clear separation of wood planks at the seams of the usable surface. It’s important to note that wood is a living material that does not stay still during its lifetime. It is possible that small irregularities appear under the surface or on the sides because of temperature changes or sun exposure.
At the reception of our product, it’s your responsibility to inspect the usable surface of the wooden top for defects in material and workmanship. The surface will be deemed clear of any defects if no issues are revealed by your inspection 5 days after you received the table top. Afterward, any minor cracks or irregularities is deemed to be resulting from the natural movement of the wood.
In the case that a solid wood top must be changed and ergonofis no longer offers the wood essence in question, ergonofis reserves the right to replace the wood top by another surface with equal worth.
Please note that solid wood is subject to:
- Variations in the wood grain (as mentioned above) and dye (the Sway cherrywood model).
- A slight change of colour over time.
- Minor cracks and irregularities due to normal wood movement.
- Slight bending, if the room temperature the surface is placed in is subject to variations of temperature and/or humidity.
- Scratches if a sharp object is used on the surface of the table, without any protective intermediary surface.
* These situations are not covered by the warranty
Please note that modifying your wood surface in any way, such as, but not limited to, sanding, staining, or refinishing the wood will effectively void your warranty. We cannot guarantee workmanship that is not done by us.
This wood warranty is applicable for 1 year, subject, but not limited, to the limitations below:
- The variations in the finish and colour of the surfaces, including but not limited to, the colour change caused by direct exposure to sunlight for a prolonged period.
- A clear sign of a temperature variation at your surfaces’ location.
- Scratches and dents resulting from a normal everyday use of the surfaces.
- Scratches and dents resulting from an abusive usage of the product.
- All conditions resulting from a lack of maintenance (very little maintenance needed, refer to our maintenance guide for more info).
- All conditions resulting from the use of a cleaning chemical (alcohol, detergent, etc.) that damages the finish and the wood.
* Please note that the warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser with proof of purchase and it is not transferable.
Bending of the surfaces
To avoid curvature of the tabletops, it is recommended to distribute the weight on the surface. Any weight of more than 40 lbs. undistributed could cause surface curvature, and this bend is not covered by the ergonofis warranty.